Ready to learn from a writing professor? In this instant-classic, Helen Sword tells us about her book The Writer's Diet and what exactly are Zombie Nouns—and why we should avoid them like the living-dead.
Today's show is brought to you by The Christian Standard Bible. Offering an optimal blend of accuracy and readability, the CSB helps readers make a deeper connection with God’s Word and inspires lifelong discipleship. The CSB is equally suited for serious study or sharing with your neighbor hearing God’s Word for the very first time. Learn more at CSBible.com
- The Writer's Diet: A Guide to Fit Prose — Get this one!
- Air & Light & Time & Space: How Successful Academics Write
- Helen Sword's Amazon Page
- air light time space — The poem Helen mentioned by Charles Bukowski
- The Writer’s Diet — The website
- The Writer’s Diet Test — Go here to take the Writer's Diet Test. Pop your writing in here and see the results.
- The Writing BASE
- Zombie Nouns (Youtube) — A very well done video by TED-Ed with Helen on Zombie Nouns.
- Nominalizations Are Zombie Nouns - The New York Times
- J.A. Medders (@mrmedders) | Twitter
- Expository Mutterings - J.A. Medders
- Gospel Formed: Living a Grace-Addicted, Truth-Filled, Jesus-Exalting Life — My first book.